Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp compaq pro 6300 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi My friends

I have a problem in hp compaq pro 6300 AIO it's make 4 short  beeps and white light power led.

Plz any body help me.?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@sherifbekhit -- I have an old HP Compaq 6005 with the same "4 beeps" issue. Although the computer passes the POST (Power On Self Tests) and can enter BIOS SETUP, there is no way that I can get it to boot -- HDD, CD/DVD, nor USB.

So, I think that your computer, and mine, have achieved their "end-of-life", and need to be "responsibly recycled".

HP Recommended

Hi

check if it' s this :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-pro-6300-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/5272039/manuals

I don't have time to look at everything, but oddly enough, it seems to me that this is not referenced
Often 4 short beeps, could be the power supply, or graphics card

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/bph07107

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi I can't make your Suggestion because no display or no screen

HP Recommended

@sherifbekhit -- note that @Prométhée suggested that the power-supply may be the problem. Replace it, at least temporarily, to see if that enables any output to your screen.

HP Recommended

@sherifbekhit wrote:

Hi I can't make your Suggestion because no display or no screen

What I suggest @sherifbekhit 
it is to check, if the page which I gave, corresponds well to your computer
and then to check the documents, I don't have time to read everything, but like I said, what you mentioned, does not seem to me to be mentioned (4 short beeps and white light)
i see just red !!
The following document is general, I can not certify that one or the other is the cause.
the easiest way would be to have it tested by a professional

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@sherifbekhit -- update: for my old HP Compaq 6005, I tried a different power-supply. It did not make a difference.

So, I "cannibalized" it -- DVD-DL, RAM, and disk-drive.

I connected the disk-drive to another computer, and it booted correctly from the disk-drive, and is running fine.

I will responsibly take the now-empty computer case (with motherboard) to an "end-of-life" electronics recycling centre.

For me, the "end-of-life" decision was better than paying $50 to $100 to professional computer technicians for them to declare it as "sorry, but it is not repairable".

HP Recommended

@itsmyname 
maybe you should specify the model you have
is it exactly the same error code?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Prométhée -- to answer your question, I will repeat what I wrote:

Posted on ‎12-16-2021 09:40 AM

I have an old HP Compaq 6005 with the same "4 beeps" issue.

I have "responsibly recycled" that computer. Not worth my time & money to do any more trouble-shooting than what I have already done.

HP Recommended

By the time you should know that this is not enough
HP Compaq 6005

HP Compaq 6005 

there are a few different versions

and "4 short  beeps and white light power led. "

just to be sure it's white and nothing else
We see too often users say that they have the same problem, and finally, there is a difference !!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.