Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming destop 690-0013w
Microsoft Windows 11

i really need to find out what would be a good processor to change out in this computer so i can down load windows 11 , right now it has Ryzen 2400g , 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your MB supports a Ryzen 2700 which is on Microsoft's approved CPU list. But you also need TPM 2.0. I don't know if your BIOS supports this option. Newer AMD MBs have fTPM options. 

However, check @Paul_Tikkanen 's response at this (Link). You can install W11 on unsupported hardware if you really want it.

Follow all steps indicated by Paul so you have a W10 backup in case the W11 update fails and you cannot go back to W10. A situation where W11 does not start and you have no way to recover W10.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello
Warning @ron30 

Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements 
We risk having serious problems, probably updates, security problems, we do not really know what else

If the installation goes well for some, for others it can be complicated
go back to windows 10 - HP Support Community - 8200306

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-11-installation-error/m...

Re: [OMEN 17t-cb000] Windows 11 not fully compatible with BI... - HP Support Community - 8173257

Hp also might not provide any update:

HP PCs – Support for Windows 11 | HP® Customer Supportbr>

Think carefully, before taking the risk, see the experiences of other users, see if it can be interesting, or if you can wait to have a new computer later, 100% compatible!
Windows 10 remains one of the best systems, and can be used for quite a while.

I have performed the installation with a compatible computer ..
And I can not take full advantage of the more or less interesting features, because you have to have a certain material
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications
So far, so there is nothing extraordinary about this system
So if the computer is not compatible, you have little interest in using it ..
In some cases, we can have more problem than something else (performance etc), it is better to wait until most of the bugs are solved.
And even better to have a 100% compatible computer, in order to be able to take advantage of the available features
Now, if you want to give it a try, first plan to use specialized software, and make a ghost copy of your installation.

--------------------------------------------------

We don't insist enough on it, unfortunately here
We meet more and more people who have problems
Just because it works for some, doesn't mean you have to go head-on.
For a computer which is not 100% compatible, little interest in installing it

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

this computer work very good with Ryzen5 2400g , looks like they would look into it , every thing window11 needs to run is good in Ryzen5 2400 , all checks green  ,   on windows11 now

HP Recommended

hi

"all checks green , on windows11 now"

What do you mean exactly, the computer, was not indicated compatible, and now yes, even the processor?

https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-amd-...
Did I see it wrong, or is it still not mentioned here?
Did they change the list of compatible Amd processors?

MDRyzen ™ 52600
AMDRyzen ™ 53600
AMDRyzen ™ 52500X
AMDRyzen ™ 52600
AMDRyzen ™ 52600X

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

lol yes you seen it right,, that what wrong!  you need to look into why it incorrect , it pass everything 100 percent,  if you believe everything you read something wrong,,,,, at least check into it,,, call someone ask why this is going on,,, because it all pass everything !! am on windows11 and it working 100 percent no lag  better then windows10 ,,, so tell me why it show a x when everything needed is good !,,,pass 100 percent , is it just because it amd Ryzen5 2400g second generation , or is it because someone just don't like it, or is it because it has some of the first generation in it,,, look into something ,,, we all know we can BUY new computer but why when this one just over 2 years old ,,,, check into why it not on list when it pass all what is ask and running good ,,,and maybe then can adjust there mistake and add it into there windows11 too that test computers , to many computer are going to land fill now ,, that don't need to be there people are still buying computer that don't know about this , that fraud in my book ,Microsoft and hp knew about for a good while , but yet did nothing to stop the sale of computer that was not going to be able to get update, and there still sale them not telling people on the box ! right after i got mine they started talking about it but didn't say a word about not being able to get update after nov 2025 , i would have not got it,,,,,, look like a team working together to sale out old stock to me,,, all i ask is look into it ask why it not passing when it got everything that ask to pass for windows11 to upgrade and get update after nov 2025 !                      just bought one for wife to replace one got to buy one more hope i don't have to replace this one because it say it all good,,, your title say your a expert so tell me what wrong when everything say its pass but still has a x that will stop updates after nov 2025 ,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.