Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP

hp compaq dc5750 boot lock up won.t boot up just gos to one green light  can any one help with this  dos  go to bios

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mods64 

Sorry, don't understand the issue -- are you saying that instead of booting into Windows, it boots directly into BIOS setup screen?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

not booting to  bios at all the srceen blank  just got one green light show up on pc 

HP Recommended

@mods64 

With your PC running Windows XP it has to be over 5 years old, right?  Over ten years old?

Either way, with an older PC like this, the most common problem with no longer booting is a failed hard drive.

To check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) Press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

HP Recommended

hp compaq dc5750  sff not booting  to windows or bios  ?

HP Recommended

@mods64 

Repeating the same stuff is not helpful.

Either you can do the diagnostics or you can't.  IF you can, post the results. If you can't, there is nothing more we can do.  You would have to take it somewhere it get it checked out to see what it would take to fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.