Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After shutdown, the power and activity lights on the front of my PC flash in sequence until startup/power on. They flash 4 times, pause, and flash again; over and over.

Is the internal battery going bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, according to the PDF and link to HP supported products, my PC is not on the list (Win-10). They have a section prior to 2013, but I don't think mine is that old. This is one I got 'off-lease' through TigerDirect in 2015, with Win-7 Pro installed. I upgrade when Win-10 was offered.

My front panel LCD lights are green, and there's no peeps. Just flashing in 4-sequence, then a pause. It didn't start doing it until I reset defaults because I kept getting the "Uncorrectable Error" panes. And those errors didn't start until I allowed my employer's IT guy access remotely for 'support' with one of their web pages.

I have a newer PC /Win-10 in box. It'd just be simpler to pull this hard drive, and set up a new PC.

Thanks for the assist.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The forum needs a HP product number to assist.

Regards

HP Recommended

dc 7900 SFF Base

KP721AV

HP Recommended

Hi GerryGarnto,

Thanks for the product number.

The troubleshooting guide can be reviewed at this (Link).

Look at page 58 for possible causes.

Regards

HP Recommended

Well, according to the PDF and link to HP supported products, my PC is not on the list (Win-10). They have a section prior to 2013, but I don't think mine is that old. This is one I got 'off-lease' through TigerDirect in 2015, with Win-7 Pro installed. I upgrade when Win-10 was offered.

My front panel LCD lights are green, and there's no peeps. Just flashing in 4-sequence, then a pause. It didn't start doing it until I reset defaults because I kept getting the "Uncorrectable Error" panes. And those errors didn't start until I allowed my employer's IT guy access remotely for 'support' with one of their web pages.

I have a newer PC /Win-10 in box. It'd just be simpler to pull this hard drive, and set up a new PC.

Thanks for the assist.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.