3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

lights flashing after shutdown

HP Recommended
Compaq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After shutdown, the power and activity lights on the front of my PC flash in sequence until startup/power on. They flash 4 times, pause, and flash again; over and over.

Is the internal battery going bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GerryGarnto
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, according to the PDF and link to HP supported products, my PC is not on the list (Win-10). They have a section prior to 2013, but I don't think mine is that old. This is one I got 'off-lease' through TigerDirect in 2015, with Win-7 Pro installed. I upgrade when Win-10 was offered.

My front panel LCD lights are green, and there's no peeps. Just flashing in 4-sequence, then a pause. It didn't start doing it until I reset defaults because I kept getting the "Uncorrectable Error" panes. And those errors didn't start until I allowed my employer's IT guy access remotely for 'support' with one of their web pages.

I have a newer PC /Win-10 in box. It'd just be simpler to pull this hard drive, and set up a new PC.

Thanks for the assist.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The forum needs a HP product number to assist.

Regards

0 Kudos
GerryGarnto
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dc 7900 SFF Base

KP721AV

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi GerryGarnto,

Thanks for the product number.

The troubleshooting guide can be reviewed at this (Link).

Look at page 58 for possible causes.

Regards

0 Kudos
GerryGarnto
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, according to the PDF and link to HP supported products, my PC is not on the list (Win-10). They have a section prior to 2013, but I don't think mine is that old. This is one I got 'off-lease' through TigerDirect in 2015, with Win-7 Pro installed. I upgrade when Win-10 was offered.

My front panel LCD lights are green, and there's no peeps. Just flashing in 4-sequence, then a pause. It didn't start doing it until I reset defaults because I kept getting the "Uncorrectable Error" panes. And those errors didn't start until I allowed my employer's IT guy access remotely for 'support' with one of their web pages.

I have a newer PC /Win-10 in box. It'd just be simpler to pull this hard drive, and set up a new PC.

Thanks for the assist.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation