Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6537c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion p6537c desktop PC that I had to reinstall WIndows 7 x64 on. The entire HDD was wiped. Upon booting up for the first time, I have no drivers for anything. The HP website is the worst ever and customer support is nonexistent. I can't get through to a real person and the drivers and downloads section of the website doesn't work whatsoever. Can anyone provide me with links to the drivers I need for this machine? Thank you kindly for your support.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for that model PC since it is more than 10 years old.

I looked up the motherboard specs and these basic drivers should get the graphics, audio and ethernet working.

Graphics:

Select the W7 x64 driver from the link below, install and restart the PC.

ATI Radeon™ 3000 Drivers & Support | AMD

Audio:  Download and install the 64 bit graphics driver from the link below and restart the PC.

PC Audio Codecs > High Definition Audio Codecs Software - REALTEK

Ethernet:  Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W7 driver from the link below.

Realtek PCIe FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK

If there are any other drivers you need, please post the device description and the hardware ID for each device.

Use this guide to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

The only thing device manager says needs a driver following the OS reinstall is the ethernet controller. The hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2AA9103C&REV_05

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2AA9103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

Is the Realtek link you provided the proper driver for this hardware ID? For future reference how do you determine the device name/model from the hardware ID? A google search of that hardware ID turns up no additional details or drivers.

Is there a benefit to installing the graphics and sound drivers you provided if device manager says they already have one?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Windows 7 probably installed a generic audio driver.

You should install the audio driver unless the device installed under the sound, video and game controllers device manager category is the Realtek HD audio device.

Graphics...if the AMD graphics adapter is listed under the Display Adapters device manager category, then you don't need to install the graphics.

If it shows up as a Standard VGA adapter, then you need to install the W7 AMD graphics driver.

The W7 Realtek ethernet driver link I posted should work, as it is pretty much a universal driver that installs drivers for most every gigabit and fast ethernet adapter they make.

I just google the hardware ID for most devices, and something shows up...even one of my old posts usually shows up.

Such as this one...the driver link is no good because the post is so old, and HP rearranged the driver pages.

Solved: Ethernet Controller Driver missing - HP Support Community - 738027

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.