Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy phoenix h9 pc series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

first this happen i just making a keyboard combination and i press and suddenly the monitor no signal. monitor status: no signal DVI, HDMI, VGA, message: monitor is going to sleep, i try to remove bios battery, ram, but still nothing happen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> Hi! I try to connect same monitor but different cable like Hdmi and vga, but still doesn’t work.

Some monitors will automatically "sense" which input-port (VGA, DVI, HDMI) is active.

Other monitors need to be configured, via the OSD (On Screen Display) which input to it is "active".

What is the manufacturer & model-number of your monitor?

> I try already removed the battery from cmos and remove the memory but still the monitor no signal.

Did you try a different monitor with your computer?

If you did, and the other monitor works, then the problem is with your monitor.

Try your monitor with another computer.

> I try to f10 on opening and press 3x arrow down and 2x enter.

What does that do?  Can you see anything on the monitor that tells you what you are doing?

> My keyboard lights come up... 1, A and arrow down.

1 ==> keypad characters are set to "numeric-keypad", instead of Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/arrows/Ins/Del.

A ==> CAPS LOCK is active

The presence of the lights implies that your motherboard is OK.

> I cannot return now my monitor back.

Can you take it back to the store, and get them to show you that it works, when connected to their computer?

If not, then you might be able to make a "warranty" claim, to get it repaired/replaced

> I try to connect to my tv and laptop using Hdmi but doesn’t work.

Your TV certainly needs to be "told" whether to "listen" to Cable/HDMI1/HDMI2/DVI/S-Video/Component/Composite inputs.  Are you telling it that?

Your laptop needs to be told whether:

* output only to internal screen,

* output only to external monitor,

* identical output to both screen & monitor,

* "extend the desktop" to make a "double-wide" screen, with different content on each device.

Are you doing that?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Can you try connecting the monitor to a different computer, e.g., the VGA-output port on a notebook computer? Does it work?

Can you try connecting a different monitor to your computer?  Does your computer "drive" that monitor?

HP Recommended

Hi! I try to connect same monitor but different cable like Hdmi and vga, but still doesn’t work, I try already removed the battery from cmos and remove the memory but still the monitor no signal. I try to f10 on opening and press 3x arrow down and 2x enter. My keyboard lights come up... 1, A and arrow down. The reason why my monitor going to sleep, coz I press something shift, ctrl and f keys I’m not sure. And suddenly my monitor no signal. I cannot return now my monitor back. Hope you can help me. Thanks for a reply.

HP Recommended

I try to connect to my tv and laptop using Hdmi but doesn’t work.

HP Recommended

> Hi! I try to connect same monitor but different cable like Hdmi and vga, but still doesn’t work.

Some monitors will automatically "sense" which input-port (VGA, DVI, HDMI) is active.

Other monitors need to be configured, via the OSD (On Screen Display) which input to it is "active".

What is the manufacturer & model-number of your monitor?

> I try already removed the battery from cmos and remove the memory but still the monitor no signal.

Did you try a different monitor with your computer?

If you did, and the other monitor works, then the problem is with your monitor.

Try your monitor with another computer.

> I try to f10 on opening and press 3x arrow down and 2x enter.

What does that do?  Can you see anything on the monitor that tells you what you are doing?

> My keyboard lights come up... 1, A and arrow down.

1 ==> keypad characters are set to "numeric-keypad", instead of Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/arrows/Ins/Del.

A ==> CAPS LOCK is active

The presence of the lights implies that your motherboard is OK.

> I cannot return now my monitor back.

Can you take it back to the store, and get them to show you that it works, when connected to their computer?

If not, then you might be able to make a "warranty" claim, to get it repaired/replaced

> I try to connect to my tv and laptop using Hdmi but doesn’t work.

Your TV certainly needs to be "told" whether to "listen" to Cable/HDMI1/HDMI2/DVI/S-Video/Component/Composite inputs.  Are you telling it that?

Your laptop needs to be told whether:

* output only to internal screen,

* output only to external monitor,

* identical output to both screen & monitor,

* "extend the desktop" to make a "double-wide" screen, with different content on each device.

Are you doing that?

HP Recommended
Hi, I more question, I noticed my graphics card that the fan is working but I noticed no light comes up, before when I turn on the cpu I think there is lights comes up. Now no signal my monitor and I think no more lights comes up on my graphics card. Do you have an idea how it does happen? The only I remember I making combination key press including cpu power in 1 go, and suddenly the monitor no signal.
HP Recommended
Hi! My monitor is HP, full package when I bought the computer. The model: hp envy Phoenix h9 pc series.
HP Recommended

> The only I remember I making combination key press including cpu power in 1 go, and suddenly the monitor no signal. 

Remotely possible is installed software, by the same company that makes your graphics adapter, that adds special keystroke combinations -- CTRL-ALT-DELETE is such a combination -- that tell the installed software to do something with the graphics adapter, such as "overclock".  Very, very, very, remote possibility.

HP Recommended
Hi! I try that that is force to close the computer. When I turn on my computer, no power the keyboard, mouse and monitor no signal. Is there any way command from keyboard to on the graphics card so that there is a signal to my monitor? when I press f10 and 3x arrow down and 2x enter. Keyboard lights comes up. But it’s looks like it’s halted, when I press numlock does not change. Remains 1, A and arrow down sign. Is there a keyboard command to wake up the graphics card? I think my graphics card has power coz the fans is working.
HP Recommended

Your computer: HP ENVY Phoenix h9-1350 Desktop PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-h9-Desktop-PC-series/5295991/model/5296896/

> When I turn on my computer, no power the keyboard, mouse and monitor no signal.

> I think my graphics card has power coz the fans is working. 

If your power-supply was 100% dead, then the fans would not be spinning,

and pushing the button will not open/close the tray for the CD/DVD device.

But, a power-supply needs to output several different voltages, to supply motherboard & disk-drive & CD/DVD drive.

So, if it is partially dead, some of those devices will not be receiving power.

Have you tried to connect your monitor to a different desktop or notebook computer?

If your monitor is not "dead", then it should work.

> Is there any way command from keyboard to on the graphics card so that there is a signal to my monitor?

> Is there a keyboard command to wake up the graphics card?

As I wrote, in my previous message, there is almost ZERO possibility of such a keystroke combination.

Please do not "bark up the wrong tree".

> when I press f10 and 3x arrow down and 2x enter.

What do you see on your monitor, before you touch those keys? 

After touching each of the keys?

Why did you select those keys?

> Keyboard lights comes up. But it’s looks like it’s halted, when I press numlock does not change.

> Remains 1, A and arrow down sign.

I think that it is time to take your computer and your monitor to a qualified computer technician, to get professional face-to-face assistance with your computer.

How old is the computer?  Is it still covered by the HP Warranty?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.