Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 22
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I start our computer and click on Google Crome and only 1/4 of the screen is shown, the rest is off to the right beyond the frame of the screen.  I've tried a restart and a shutdown without success.  so all I see is 1/4 of the browser screen in front of the lock screen.  How to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try uninstalling Chrome and installing it back again

Uninstall Google Chrome

1. On your computer, close all Chrome windows and tabs.
  2. Click the Start menu. Settings.
  3. Click Apps.
  4. Under "Apps & features," find and click Google Chrome.
  5. Click Uninstall.
  6. Confirm by clicking Uninstall.
  7. To delete your profile information, like bookmarks and history, check "Also delete your browsing data."
  8. Click Uninstall.

Install Chrome on Windows

1. Download the installation file.
  2. If prompted, click Run and follow the onscreen instructions

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @peterLes

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Does this occur with other browsers as well ex.internet explorer, Mozilla firefox or edge?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Jay. Thanks for your communication.

No, this only happens using Google Crome.  When I first wrote about this here at HP support I could not drag it over to the center, but since then I have managed to drag it over to the center, and I did this by clicking on to a 10mm Grey coloured backing strip at the top of the screen.  Now, the problem is that the browser comes out one half over to the right on opening it every time.  Not now a problem really as we drag it over as before, but obviously it's not right.

regards.

PeterLes

HP Recommended

Try uninstalling Chrome and installing it back again

Uninstall Google Chrome

1. On your computer, close all Chrome windows and tabs.
  2. Click the Start menu. Settings.
  3. Click Apps.
  4. Under "Apps & features," find and click Google Chrome.
  5. Click Uninstall.
  6. Confirm by clicking Uninstall.
  7. To delete your profile information, like bookmarks and history, check "Also delete your browsing data."
  8. Click Uninstall.

Install Chrome on Windows

1. Download the installation file.
  2. If prompted, click Run and follow the onscreen instructions

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your communication.  I clicked on apps and features, then google crome and then uninstall and it told me to uninstall my other apps conected to crome I think it was.  anyway, On clicking uninstall the section remained open so I went back to the start screen and did a restart and when I opened it up I found that the google crome screen was set right and that is in the middle.  So I got there in the end.  Thank you for your help it got me going in the right direction.

regards, PeterLes

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.