Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slim 290-p0000 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've read many posts about this 44.1.2402.1741 in HP forums, but nothing has worked. It's an issue because my work is running a standard test on my system and it keeps saying, Warning, for Windows Update.

In Windows Update, it says:

If you have a specific problem, one of these drivers might help. Otherwise automatic updates will keep your drivers up to date. I click the checkbox and download an install, and within 5 seconds, it looks like it's starting to download, but then, It keeps saying "You're up to date." and this optional update still appears.

What I've tried:
Windows update troubleshooter - it found something and labeled a yellow sign with exclamation point, so I finished it an nothing happened.
------ Issues Found -------
Detects issues related to Windows Update.
Resolve Windows Update issues Completed
Resolves common Windows Update issues.
InformationalWaaSMedicService
Issues remediated by :AutoUAPlugin;AppCleanerPlugin;EnableUUPScanPlugin

--- potential issues that were checked ---
IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates
IsPostback: False
WaaSMedicService
Issue found by :AutoUAPlugin;AppCleanerPlugin;EnableUUPScanPlugin
InformationalIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates
IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates
IsPostback: True
Service Status
"Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException "
HP Printer troubleshooter
uninstalled/reinstalled to latest, HP Support Assist, all seemingly new updates from HP Support Assist, I installed about 9
tried HP Virtual agent and Windows Virtual support
updating all other Windows updates (did this yesterday) but this remainging optional update won't go away

I've copied and pasted here, about what details I have on this:
Optional updates Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 44.1.2402.1741
SecurityPatch - Released: 4/18/2019 12:00:00 AM - Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741

Thanks HP, for allowing photos in your forum!

windows-update-hp-usb-something.jpg

windows-update-hp-usb-something2.jpg

windows-update-hp-usb-something3.jpg

windows-update-hp-usb-tdetails1.jpg

windows-update-hp-usb-tdetails2.jpg

windows-update-hp-usb-tdetails3.jpg

windows-update-hp-usb-tdetails4.jpg

windows-update-hp-usb-tdetails5.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

posting screen shots again.

HP Recommended

it was fixed for one night, by going into Device Manager, but Universal Serial Buss Controllers, and on the last one, USB root hub, I uninstalled the driver, then following reboot. I didn't let windows auto install the install upon new booting up, but somehow I think Windows found a driver for it. And one note, is before this, I installed this Windows update utility with Windows help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei... and it cleared out the Windows update I kept seeing, but it still was failing the work test, so uninstalling USB driver one on USB root worked.

the optional driver update has now reappeared. It won't download and install, even thought I click the checkbox to select it.

I tried the USB fix above, uninstalled a USB 3.0, but it make my mouse and keyboard not work. Then I tried other USB components, uninstall in device manager, but it doesn't fix it like it did 2 days ago.

any ideas?

HP Recommended

I created a new Local Windows User, but this issue remains.

HP Recommended

I decided to Reset my Windows PC and issue is solved, or gone.

HP Recommended

after 3 days, the issue remains. somehow after computer reset, I have this permanent optional driver update, again. the main error from the work app is at the bottom. update not getting installed or ignored is still blocking my login.

windows-hide-optional01.jpgwindows-hide-optional02.jpgwindows-update-main-error01.jpg

HP Recommended

trying screen shots again.

windows-hide-optional01.jpgwindows-hide-optional02.jpgwindows-update-main-error01.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.