Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P1534 desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc was updating and I had a power failure... When the power came back on pc would not show up on monitor when I tried to restart pc.,  I am guessing maybe video card?????????  please this pc has a lot of info that I need on it... Thanks in advance for all the usable help...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A power surge and not having an UPS connected to the PC and monitor is not good. A power outage during a PC update under the same conditions is real bad.

You need to provide more details on what you see and hear when you start the PC now. I can't guess what damage may have occurred using the info you are providing.

You might be able to recover data by removing the HDD from this PC. Connect the HDD to a different PC as a data drive to see if you can copy or move the data on the HDD to the host PC or an external drive connected to the host PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

At the sign places to PC is right now however when I have connected it it made no noise whatsoever I have been somewhat leery I've opening it up and taking the hard drive out. But I think that's probably my next step thank you so much for your rapid response stop. I'll try your recommendations as soon as I get back to its location

HP Recommended

Hi 68Goat,

You're very welcome.

No PC activity at startup could suggest damage to the power supply or the motherboard.

Any component connected to the power supply (including the HDD) could be toasted.

Good luck

Hope you can recover data from the HDD.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks I do appreciate the help... This particular pc has 2 1tb hdd in it and I sure will hate to lose the data... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.