Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (512 Views)
Accepted Solution

pavilion 23

Product Name: Pavilion 23PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Have a message that says A component of the operating system has expired.  With error code 0xc0000605  and is asking for recovery tools, which I dont have where can I get them????

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: pavilion 23

>  A component of the operating system has expired.  With error code 0xc0000605  ...

A did a Google-search on that code. 

One posting suggested that the date/time in the computer's "BIOS SETUP" was wrong, and needed to be corrected.

Reboot, and enter "BIOS SETUP", and check.

Another posting suggested that your computer is running a "Windows 10 Preview" version, rather than the "official" release.  Is that correct?

View solution in context
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 8 (496 Views)

>  A component of the operating system has expired.  With error code 0xc0000605  ...

A did a Google-search on that code. 

One posting suggested that the date/time in the computer's "BIOS SETUP" was wrong, and needed to be corrected.

Reboot, and enter "BIOS SETUP", and check.

Another posting suggested that your computer is running a "Windows 10 Preview" version, rather than the "official" release.  Is that correct?

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (479 Views)

I can't tell what system is running because I can't get into anything but that screen that shows error message.  

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 8 (458 Views)

The "Recovery Tools" are included in this download of Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Run this on some other computer, and create a bootable DVD disk.

Boot your computer from this DVD, and select "repair".

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (452 Views)

screen still says the same thing, won't let me reboot or repair  I can't even get into system recovery at all

Regents Professor
Message 6 of 8 (446 Views)

> screen still says the same thing, won't let me reboot or repair  I can't even get into system recovery at all.

My, my, you're quick -- downloaded 3GB, and burn a DVD, in just a few hours.

Anyway, are you sure that your computer booted from the DVD, or did it boot from the disk-drive?

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and repeatedly press the ESC key.

Then, choose to boot from the DVD.

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (444 Views)

it doesn't give you a choose to reboot from dvd,  is it boot menu F9  or network Boot F12, I can't find it in any of them

Regents Professor
Message 8 of 8 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]

Enter BIOS SETUP mode, and see if the motherboard detects the DVD drive, as "SATA 1", or something like that.

Is the drive's electronics "dead" -- not responding?

Have either the "data" or the "power" connectors to the DVD (or to the motherboard) come loose?

If you insert a labelled DVD, and close the tray, wait a bit, and open the tray, is the label still at the same position, i.e., the drive has not "spun" the disk at all.

Since it is a "desktop", can you remove the DVD drive, and temporarily connect it to some other computer, to see if it is recognized by that system's motherboard, and that it can successfully read from some media?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation