cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

problem after reboot installation an OS the pc can not find the OS and says boot device not found

HP Recommended
prodesk 400 G3 MT
Other

i have a hp prodesk 400 g3 mt.  i try to install an os named freebsd10.3.  i am able to install it successfully , to active i need to reboot the system.  after the reboot  the machine says  " boot device not found ".

Whats the problem.?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,667
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New disk-drive, or "previously-used" disk-drive ?

Reboot the computer, and enter BIOS SETUP, and confirm that the disk-drive is the first item in the list of bootable devices.

Or, reboot the computer, and select "change boot devices", and select the disk-drive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i bought the machine as new from hp . that 's to say i am trying to  install it as first. 

Does harddisk  has to be the first item on boot options? i see it in the boot option item lists. 

I move the harddisk item to the first row in boot option now.   

I will try again now and notify the case .

thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unfortunately i get the same error.  bootdevice not found harddisk  ( 3f0 )

if i try to install windows8.1 then  windows opens  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,667
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Can-not-install-Linux-on-HP-Pavi...

for information about "Secure Boot" preventing several variants of Linux from being installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But i had set enable legacy and secure boot disable on the bios settings ( via F10).

1-) does the problem cause  GPT while installing on the sata disk?

2-) is there a installations cd for  prodesk 400 g3 mt ?   there was for proliant. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

secure boot  is already disabled.  But i realized that if the installation go on gpt of hard disk partition the pc will gives the error. i changed mbr instead of gpt, freebsd installed succesfully without any problem.       

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation