brinny1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

problem with microsoft edge which freezes my computer

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 27-a037 touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having problems with my HP pavilion 27-a037c.  When I log into microsoft  Edge I get a page with a scam on it that freezes my computer and says not to shut it down and gives a phone number to call .  It says its from microsoft but its a scam.  Mc Affie fixed it a few days ago but it came back and they tried to get rid of it but said if they ran the same program again it would ruin my computer.  They told me to get in touch with HP.  Would appreciate any help with this.  Regards Jerry

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,803 32,703 2,976 7,306
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@brinny1 

It's really disgusting when you pay for an AV product and the folks that support that push you off onto someone else!

Sorry, but we have no way to debug or fix issues with non-HP products.

IF your PC is infected with Malware and McAfee won't remove it, your only option would be to remove McAfee and replace it with something else.  Windows Defender comes for free and is already installed on your PC, but being free, it is not the best.

You can look into MalwareBytes AntiMalware, as lots of folks use that and it has high ratings.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation