Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 880-019nl PC desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have installed a 500 gb ssd in my PC with a 2 tb hdd. later I cloned everything that contained the Hdd and moved it to the SSD.

But now every time I start the PC I start it on the HDD and not on the SSD.

How do i start it on the ssd and no longer on the hdd? thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Giulio8,

Standard configuration of HP 880-019nl had a 128GB NMVe and 1TB data drive.  What did you have inside ?

You need to clarify what went where.  Your very confusing 🤔   Where was the original OS (it should have been on the 128 GB NVMe) and where did it go ? You should have cloned it to the 500GB NVMe, if that is what you bought.   How did the HD (physical 3.5" hard drive) get a bootable WIN 10 OS ?

You cloned "what" to which device ?

The only was to stop the HD is to unplug it, as it has an OS booting the system.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Sorry, the model is a Hp OMEN Desktop 880-002nl

HP Recommended

@Giulio8,

The HP 880-002nl has an NVMe socket and was equipped with a 2 TB 3.5" hard drive.

If this is true, then:

1) You got the 500GB NVMe to accept the OS.  Were you able to clone all of the HD drive onto the SSD ?

2) Unplug the power to the HD.  The SSD must boot to prove your clone was stable and 100% correct.

3) If you have an external SATA to USB adapter you can format the HD.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

This is true, but i couldn't select which disc to play?

For example from some menu when starting the PC?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.