Did you mean: 
lucy551
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

processor upgrade

HP Recommended
elitedesk 705G1

My employer is telling me my system works on a 15 and it needs to work on a 20 is it possible to upgrade just my processor in this computer?

4 REPLIES 4
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,924 4,858 538 2,118
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

please give product number :

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

works on a 15 and it needs to work on a 20
What are you talking about, need what?
Maybe nothing to do with the processor !?

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

RrichardD
Level 3
67 62 3 8
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Lucy,

<<my applause and gratitude to Promethee ... for support/Kudos>>

We cannot understand or comprehend the pattern of your question (request) - as framed by the information you provide in first instance.

Provide priority please:

Computer system Model + CPU + operating system and version (example: Elite-one 800 G5 (model) - iCore 5 9g (CPU) - Windows 10 (OS) - pro (version).

Meaning clarify please = "works on a 15 and needs to work on a 20...".

Not understanding. Need further description/elaboration.

Appreciate you provide: Nature/description of work/profession performed on "15" and "20". Software (package) used for profession.

Priorty respond appreciate.

Gratitude,

Rikki.

<<Promethee/Phil/Echo Lake/Crowd - I think it might be FPS (frames per minute can do 15FPS but needs 20FPS = Video Card and Memory U/G more than CPU) for commercial video editing. Guessing at the moment, unless you guys have a better idea. NB - Weird syntax is for machine translation ~ South Asia (another guess)>>

0 Kudos
RrichardD
Level 3
67 62 3 8
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>>addendum<<

Computer = Elite Desk 705 G1 Desktop mini PC

CPU = AMD Quad-Core A8 ... series/type unknown. Nothing in the CPUs fitted options have items that are "15" or "20".

I suspect Lucy is in China/Hong Kong/Korea.

{another correction - well I'm tired - Frames Per Minute should read Frames Per Second; however based on the specs - it should scream along @ 20 FPS animation/editing - unless the GPU is lower-end/budget ... which would simply be a GPU card upgrade/off-the-shelf/local Agent or HP buy-on-line.}

0 Kudos
RodrigoBM
Level 3
27 27 1 4
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i believe that you wish said, that you have a computer in 2015, but you wanna a pc that works in 2020.

In this manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04497146

has a processors that you can change in your computer. If this manual its not about your computer. Acess that link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/products/change-product#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R2

Put your product number and search for manual, maintenance and service guide, there has the parts that you can change and is compatible.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation