Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 24-241nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My programms are deleted after putting everything back to fabric settings.

How can I get them back? Like the Bang en Olufsen app. Where can I find the programms that were installed on my computer when I bought it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi hoepla

You are welcome.

You should be able to get recovery media from HP.

Please verify the product number you provided in your previous post. I was not able to find your PC using the product number provided.

Recovery media purchase option is usually listed at the HP Driver support site .

You might be able to recover to HP factory if the HP Recovery partition is still intact.

A clean Windows 10 installation will reformat the HDD. This would remove the HP Recovery partition.

Boot your PC. Tap "ESC".

Check the Start menu for a recovery option. This may allow you to recover to the HP factory image if the HP recovery partition has not been removed during the Windows 10 installation.

Tom

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

If you used Microsoft processes to reset or do a fresh start then you will lose the HP factory configuration. Microsoft will install necessary drivers but you may lose HP specific software.

I am only guessing the previous events will happen as I am basing this on how a Microsoft reset or fresh start works on custom built systems. I would tend to believe the above facts are true.

Please describe, in detail, how you went back to factory settings.

Microsoft is trying to make it easier to fix problems but it seems to complicate stuff when using recovery options on OEM PC's such as HP, or Dell, Or Lenovo.

Did you create HP Recovery media?

You will have to use HP recovery media to get back to the HP factory setup. You could have recovered to the HP factory setup by using the HP Recovery Manager instead of the Microsoft recovery options when resetting your PC.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom,

tx a lot for your reply

I didn't create hp recovery media.

I just went to settings, recovery settings and then the first option and again the first option, after that it was all gone.

I didnt know that I could do a recovery with HP. Is there a way to get HP recovery media?

HP Recommended

Hi hoepla

You are welcome.

You should be able to get recovery media from HP.

Please verify the product number you provided in your previous post. I was not able to find your PC using the product number provided.

Recovery media purchase option is usually listed at the HP Driver support site .

You might be able to recover to HP factory if the HP Recovery partition is still intact.

A clean Windows 10 installation will reformat the HDD. This would remove the HP Recovery partition.

Boot your PC. Tap "ESC".

Check the Start menu for a recovery option. This may allow you to recover to the HP factory image if the HP recovery partition has not been removed during the Windows 10 installation.

Tom

HP Recommended

The productnumber should be

z7e00ea#abh

HP Recommended

Hi hoepla

Thanks

I don't see an option to purchase (Windows 10) HP Recovery media at your PC's Support site. You may be able to get it by contacting HP.

The good news is you can download various Windows 10 HP drivers and software at the above support site. The Realtek audio driver will give you the B&0 Audio Manager.

Tom

HP Recommended

I did it!

I could recover the original rogramms from HP with the method you described.

Thanks a lot!

Last question: How can I create HP Recovery media like you said in case I make a mess again?

HP Recommended

Hi

Happy to see this worked.

Please check out this HP Support site which explains how to create HP Recovery media.

The instructions are for Windows 8 but will also work using Windows 10.

Use Cortana or Search located in the Taskbar to open the HP Recovery Manager.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.