Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba2xx My Device Product number 4YN63UA#AB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ransome ware blocking/infection.  I purchased new antivirus software from McAfee.  It is blocking me from installing it.  McAfee tech tried for 45 mins via remote assistance to fix it and can't. Told me to go to HP for help. 

The problem pops up as URL ->>  myattwg.att.com/UverseAccount.html.  

It is not my ATT acct.  No I didn't call the number and give them my info they want.  I did a reverse phone number look up and found other people reporting that phone number as Ransome ware.  Can't get rid of it.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shawnee3820 Did you try resetting the browser this URL is popping on? If its not just the browser but on your desktop screen too, I suggest you create a new user account, copy the contents of the old profile to the new one before deleting it, as that should resolve the issue, and if nothing works, you may want to disconnect the device from the internet, backup all personal data into an external storage and then, reinstall windows: click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've thrown my hands up and give up!  I've had tech support from McAfee do remote diags for me when it blocked me from completing install of their antivirus.  Poor guy worked for a good hour before he gave up and told me to go to HP for help.  I did get MalwareBytes installed and it keeps finding and quarantining stuff but this page is still there!  I've reset my computer, my browsers and now have paid more money to have HP special virus/malware people help me.  Paid 49.99. Yesterday after 45 mins of the tech having me try things over the phone, not remotely, I gave up and had no confidence in the things he was telling me to do or try.  I'm under warranty but not for this problem.  I'm about to hook up with the tech support again today and let them try again to help me.  No confidence in that happening after yesterday's attempts.   Will be back and keep you up to date. 

Thanks.  Please don't close this thread yet as I'm sure there are many others out there with this popup page blocking them.  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@Shawnee3820 Alright, the thread will be open for your updates, and lets not loose hope as i'm sure it'll work out,

Every issue has a solution, is what I know and believe in.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.