Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
p7-1280t cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

windows 10 reported it could not start windows.  It recommended "auto repair".  Auto repair failed and window recommended reinstall windows.  Reinstall of windows was successful.  However, some programs (apps) were deleted including HP preinstalled programs.  HP Recovery Manager was one of the programs deleted.  Without recovery manager I cannot reinstall HP programs.  My problem is how to recover and install recovery manager.

HP's directory "D" is still on the hard drive.  And I have a set of recovery disks I purchased at the same time as the computer. Can I recover recovery manager from one of these sources.

If using the recovery disk is the only option, the recovery disk are windows 7 and will, I assume, install win 7 on my machine.  Will I than be able to update to my current windows 10 without having to purchase win 10.   

Bob

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This HP site (Link) lists all available Windows 7 software and drivers offered for download by HP. HP does not support W10 on this PC.

What HP programs are you looking for?

You could use the W7 recovery disks, install W7, and then do the W10 upgrade. W10 will activate post installation. 

This seems like a lot of work to get programs HP may have included in the recovery image which are not available at the above download site. 

I see HP offers quite a bit of additional software in the recovery image (Link) . So, it may be wothwhile to do this.

Productivity Software
Must select one of the following options:
  • Microsoft Office Starter Edition 2010
  • Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010
  • Microsoft Office Professional 2010
  • Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010
  • Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 + Adobe Acrobat X
  • Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010 + Adobe Acrobat X
  • Microsoft Office Professional 2010 + Adobe Acrobat X
Digital Media Software
  • Adobe Premier Elements 10
  • Adobe Premier Elements 10 + Photoshop Elements 10
  • Roxio Creator 2012
  • Roxio Secure Burn
Photography Software
  • Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
  • Roxio PhotoSuite Deluxe
  • Corel Paint Shop Pro X4
  • Corel Paint Shop Pro X4 + Corel Video Studio X4
Security Software
Must select one of the following options:
  • No additional security software
  • Norton Internet Security 2012 (15 month subscription)
  • Norton Internet Security 2012 (24 month subscription)
  • Norton Internet Security 2012 (36 month subscription)
Popular, Useful & Fun Software
  • Britannica Desktop Encylopedia 2012
  • Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite 2012
  • Craft Artist Greeting Cards
  • Craft Artist Scrapbooks
  • Laplink PCMover Professional
  • Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Win 7
  • Quicken Willmaker Plus 2012
  • Teachers Pet - Pre K

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.