1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
11,004 10,595 1,025 3,124
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since the full model number it is not for sure (not posted) but if you are still running WinXP and that is what the PC came with - it could be a hardware problem or malware infection.

Most causes for slowness on a previously normal system is failing hardware - most likely the hard drive.

If the hard drive passes diagnostics and proves to be good, then an infection of malware.

One of the reasons I quit using WinXP was because the antivirus software would no longer support it.

I would suspect that any vigorous scanning software looking for an infection will cause the old hard drive to fail, however.  IMHO

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation