Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I am unable to access ANY USB flash drive on my HP EliteOne pc, even if erased and formatted. It's  definitely some sort of permissions issue.

The drives work fine on an old PC running W7 Home Premium. 

Various other plug in USB items work fine, eg printer, scanner and keyboard/mouse.

Please help as my kids need to use my new PC for school work projects.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Her,s the solution.

Go to HP website.

Download and install HP Client Security.

RESTART

run HP Client security and go to Device security -> Device Permissions and

under removeable storage change "just in time" to "allow full access"

RESTART.

no more problems !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FIZ74 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

What you're doing SHOULD work without issue -- which is probably why no one has responded before this.

In looking at the specs, I see that ALL of the USB ports are USB 3.1, the two on the back, and those on the side.

Is the USB stick USB 3 or USB 2?  The USB 3 sticks will have a blue plastic connector, the USB 2 will be black.

You said you formatted these, I presume that was NOT on this PC? Also, what filesystem did you use? I would recommend that you format them NTFS, instead of FAT or FAT 32. And yeah, I KNOW that should not matter, but we're trying things out to see if it DOES for your PC.

If not of that works, then you should check with your HP product page to see if there are USB 3.1 drivers, and if not, then contact HP Customer Support to get their help.

To contact HP Support see the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, its a USB 3 drive bought specifically for file transfer, new from Amazon. The issue is with HP client security. I need to fix the settings in that and cannot find how to access it. This is what I need help with. All the posts i've looked at have a slightly different interface to that on my Windows 10 Pro 64.

HP Recommended

Her,s the solution.

Go to HP website.

Download and install HP Client Security.

RESTART

run HP Client security and go to Device security -> Device Permissions and

under removeable storage change "just in time" to "allow full access"

RESTART.

no more problems !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.