tdashiell
Level 3
60 42 0 8
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

warranty service

HP Recommended
Pavillion all in one 9rd64aa

HP can't determine why I don't have audio from external speakers. I ask to let a Authorized Service Center look at it since it's under warranty.  They said NO! I would be responsible for any charges. This is from Executive Escalations Supervisor. Isn't that the purpose of the service center? Cheaper and faster than returning it to HP. A week ago they said They would let me return it priority shipping.  I agreed,  now I'm told I didn't reply. I did, I have the email. Executive Escalations won't respond to me now. My issue has gone on since I bought it. Tech support doesn't know how to fix it. I don't know who to contact, if Executive Escalations won't help,  who will?

5 REPLIES 5
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,742 6,726 634 1,516
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can't find your PC using 9rd64aa. Check the product number.

I would say you have to change the default audio playback device  to external speakers in Control Panel-Sound. HP usually uses Realtek audio for speakers. Your system could be set to something else.

This forum can't jump hoops to talk to HP tech support. Will refer your issue to a moderator but can't make any guarantees.

Regards

0 Kudos
tdashiell
Author
Level 3
60 42 0 8
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's the correct product. 9ed64aa#aba.

0 Kudos
tdashiell
Author
Level 3
60 42 0 8
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is what I see.

20210208_130922.jpg

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,742 6,726 634 1,516
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your image is the correct configuration.

I don't know why you don't have audio. I have never had this problem on my PCs.

You may have a hardware problem. Can you get audio using the factory configuration?

Regards

0 Kudos
tdashiell
Author
Level 3
60 42 0 8
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get audio thru the built-in speakers and headphones.  I don't get audio thru any external speakers.

Tom

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation