3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

will not boot

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop #750-624
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a: < HP ENVY Desktop Intel Core i7 16GB Memory 1TB HDD ; Model: 750-624, SKU: 6254768, Serial#: [edited], Product#: 2HJ25AAR#ABA > ;

it has crashed, will not boot from any source ; how do i request the Windows install disc to reload operating system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ben-120
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply, KT.  i did go to that link and it looks like i need to pay for a 'kit' and then await for the snail-mail.  i saw another way, Lil Boy Blue sez:

- Reinstall Windows 10 Posted by Koepoort Jan 9, 2020
 - Last Activity: Jan 09, 2020 by Lil_Boy_Blue

- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

i went to the MS site, 'Media Creation Tool' and it gave me the option to download a bootable disk or an ISO file.  neither the ISO or the disk worked when i loaded them onto a USB HDD.  i then wrote the disk to a USB jump drive and the desktop finally recognized that [don't ask me why it refused the HDD].  a downer, it would not recover anything from the old HDD.  in fact the install utility had a large portion of the disk as 'reserved' but inaccessible.  i deleted that partition, reran the install program and now the computer is up.  i'll have to spend a couple of days reloading everything but at least it works.

thanks to all, for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,744 22,731 1,364 1,380
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ben-120

I have gone through your post and I understand your concerns

If you are unable to perform the System Recovery from F11 you can order the Recovery Media from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-600-desktop-pc-series/17142191/model/17...

I also suggest you run a Hard drive Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Hard drive

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
ben-120
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply, KT.  i did go to that link and it looks like i need to pay for a 'kit' and then await for the snail-mail.  i saw another way, Lil Boy Blue sez:

- Reinstall Windows 10 Posted by Koepoort Jan 9, 2020
 - Last Activity: Jan 09, 2020 by Lil_Boy_Blue

- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

i went to the MS site, 'Media Creation Tool' and it gave me the option to download a bootable disk or an ISO file.  neither the ISO or the disk worked when i loaded them onto a USB HDD.  i then wrote the disk to a USB jump drive and the desktop finally recognized that [don't ask me why it refused the HDD].  a downer, it would not recover anything from the old HDD.  in fact the install utility had a large portion of the disk as 'reserved' but inaccessible.  i deleted that partition, reran the install program and now the computer is up.  i'll have to spend a couple of days reloading everything but at least it works.

thanks to all, for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,744 22,731 1,364 1,380
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ben-120

Thanks for keeping me posted

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation