cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
martinlcooke
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

win10 not acytivating

HP Recommended
pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my pc ran into a problem with hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 and it activated correctly.however it would not update a certain update- Windows prompted me to upgrade to Windows 10 which I tried and after it installed it refused to activate saying it doesn't have a valid digital license. It give the error code 0x803F7001. When I tried to activate over the phone it said that it was already activated on another device. Then it connected me to a Microsoft agent and he said that the Windows OEM key installed with the PC is not valid for it to activate Windows 10 and I needed to contact HP for a proper KEY for it to allow activation.then the support told me to run the windows media tool after he managed to get the update sorted. but since i did this i have the activate windows now

Since the PC is out of waranty there is basically no way to contact support without paying which I feel is wrong in this situation. 

I can not find any help on how to solve this issue.no help from microsoft

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
143,813 67,377 22,582 34,684
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
martinlcooke
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

thankyou for the quick reply

unless its on the motherboard i do not know, and thats real small 

regards

martin

martinlcooke
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

i think i have it -i followed the link you sent and hopefully can get a solution

regards

martin

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
143,813 67,377 22,582 34,684
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you found the product number or model number of your notebook, what is it?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation