Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hpe H-8 1287c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

cant seem to get windows  update to work, printers update  will not work, or trying to download microsoft fix it will not work?

sleep not show up on start list?

printers not updating will not work?

tried several update issues but not working?

have new virus protection total defense shows no problem with virus or malware???

tried reinstalled 7 pro didnt work?

came with 7 home addition recover disk wont work?

also have disk for 7 ultimate wondering if would work?

thanks,

tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Get the radeon hd graphics drive directly from  AMD. Run the AMD graphics autodetect tool. It will find the best drive for your Windows 7 OS.

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjSx5azp__OA...

Windows 7 Ultimate has more features than the Home and Pro version. It is better.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Try downloading and running the Windows update troubleshooter at the following URL.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

updates, printer updates and trouble shooting not working?

solution said it repaired three things but still doesnt work?

tom

HP Recommended

Windows update can be a bit difficult to fix when it does not work.

Windows Ultimate can be installed, but you will need an activation license key. The activation key for your original OS will not work with the upgrade version.

I have never heard of Total Defense antivirus.  Seriously,  I would consider getting rid of it and replacing it with an established known version with a good reputation.

McAfee, Norton or Eset have been the Internet protection software  brands Ithat I and many others  have used without problem.

Your antivirus may be preventing the Windows update app from working.

Try disabling it and running it again. 

Post your HP printer problem as a seperate thread in the printer section of the forum.

HP Recommended

my original problem was caused by malware i think?

my update worked only one time but most of the updates failed.

i have tryed several different ways to help with updates.

after i got rid  of bitdefender threat scanner when i finally had to call them.

i have 14 microsoft updates and a adobe dc reader that downloaded.

the update symbol is in green like all the updates have been updated?

i have tryed restore points but i dont believe that there is one that helps?

i did make a backup disk when it was working goog but doesnt seem to work?

I installed total defense after i had this problem it comes free with mediacom internet service.

i think it is made by symatics or something like that.

I have a cannon printer and have used it before with 7 the printer update usually updates a driver for this but it has failed the one time that i recieved  updates?

I do have activation key for 7 ultimate and 7 professional and hp restore disk for 7  home addition.

the home addition disk doesnt seem to work but the professional does.

when installing drivers for oem windows 7 the sp55702 driver (radeon hd graphics)?

the computor on restart would say out of range but i can hear it open in the background?

so I didnt install this driver the last time i tryed to install 7 pro.

I have tryed formating and install 7 pro but that was before i finally got rid of bitdefender scanner?

I guess i need to do a format and install again?

is 7 ultimate better than 7 Pro. unless something is damaged?

Is  there is another solution?

thanks tom

HP Recommended

Get the radeon hd graphics drive directly from  AMD. Run the AMD graphics autodetect tool. It will find the best drive for your Windows 7 OS.

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjSx5azp__OA...

Windows 7 Ultimate has more features than the Home and Pro version. It is better.

HP Recommended

downloaded amd drive seem to work didnt have the out of range problem and also seemed to fix the sleep mode in the start up button?

thanks

tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.