Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1160xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

simply put i ordered my pc from you guys, HP......it came with windows 10 pro, even have the order number, recipt and the order overview and all that stuff  but recently i had to do a complete wipe of everything even the hard drive where i had to download windows 10 off the site put it on a usb and install, issue i have is how do i get my windows 10 pro back when it just has windows home on it now, i dont have the product key anymore cause those papers that came with it i dont know what happened to them i even checked every part of my pc physically for a number and the registry but nothing........so basically i cant get what i had back without getting my product key and i checked every single way of getting it and couldnt so thats why im contacting directly now this pc was around $1,200 and i cant afford to re buy windows 10 pro even though i already own it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

sorry but "simply put i ordered my pc from you guys, HP.. "

you are not talking directly to hp here

Rules of Participation

If it was original with windows 10 pro, it should be possible to reinstall windows 10 pro, the windows key must be registered in the bios
but why did you reinstall windows 10?
you say "download windows 10 off the site put it on a usb and install"
here, on the HP site, or microsoft?
I ask, because needless to tell you to try, if this installed windows 10 non pro for you!

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.