Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Did a factory reset . had windows 10 upgraded from windows 7.   could not go on line to upgrade back to 10

followed instructions . none worked. got message web page not supported.   Also got on internet could not go on  facebook or u tube

downloaded Firefox  and they worked what is up with explorer

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If your system was activated to Win10 when you first upgraded then you are licensed and can simply use another computer to download an ISO "clean" install of windows 10.  Use 64 if your system was 32 originally as license applies to both.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Do not attempt to upgrade from 7 as you will need visual c runtime and all type of other app just to get where the win10 upgrade will work.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

will try and get back to you thanks

HP Recommended

@chriscoyle 

You should have asked here BEFORE you forced the reset as I would have told you that upgrading to Win10 breaks the reset feature -- and you would not have wasted your time doing that.

As @BeemerBiker already mentioned, since your PC was running Win10, you can reinstall it from MS media and it will reactivate automatically -- just be sure to skip the screen where it wants a product key.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The system would not respond to any thing. so i downloaded the recovery tool as stated.

used the memory stick as told . then i by passed the key # required. Did not work . i found a key from when i upgraded from 7-8 

which i had purchased from Microsoft. Entered this and it started working. now have windows 10. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.