Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
z6g4 workstation

I want to upgrade the graphics card to a amd radeon pro wx7100 from an amd fire pro 2100- i have put the new card in and it beeps three times red and three times white and no output to the monitor- i reported to HP and an engineer came out and checked BIOS etc, said the graphics card was duff, i have a new card and the same is happening so cannot be the graphics cards, i put the old fire pro back in and all works fine any ideas 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to disable secure boot in the BIOS.

Your PC may not have the secure boot keys to allow the Radeon wx7100 to work, since it did not originally come with your specific product number.

The specs for your workstation indicate the wx7100 is supported, so it should work.

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c05527761.pdf

HP Recommended

Tried changing the bios and no different still will not recognise the graphics card 

hp said they will get back but as yet nothing 

certainly does not like this card 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.