Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
z230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to merge all the partitions of disk 0 (see image below) into one partition if possible. I don't need hp recovery drive d since I can use a usb to reboot and this comp is old and came with windows 7. There are also 3 other partitions numbered 1,2, and 5 which don't seem to be in use in disk management but are in a 3rd party software - can they be deleted and merged?

fancybears_0-1640740794051.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fancybears 

I don't know the first one but you can't do anything with partitions 2 & 4 because they are system partitions. You can only touch partitions 3 & 5 and I don't think using Disk Management you can merge them because they do not sit next to other.

In short, just leave them where they are now until one day, you have to replace Disk 0

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@fancybears 

I don't know the first one but you can't do anything with partitions 2 & 4 because they are system partitions. You can only touch partitions 3 & 5 and I don't think using Disk Management you can merge them because they do not sit next to other.

In short, just leave them where they are now until one day, you have to replace Disk 0

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@fancybears 

You CAN use "create and format" Windows utility (known as Disk Management) to do this but while you COULD remove the last two partitions on the first disk, that only gives you less than 14GB of additional space -- and if you mess that up tampering with it, you will end up with an unusable PC.

IF this were mine, I would follow the advice of @banhien and leave it alone.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.