Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite Base Model Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey.. I'm just looking for the most recent BIOS update for my 8200 elite.  I've gotten her up to J01 - 2.28 but I can't find anything beyond that.  I'm assuming it's because of the additional 2 min of boot time for those running Windows 10 who didn't install in GPT format, but if that's the only issue, it's not a problem for me.  

Also, is there any better source for drivers than the HP Support  experience? It falls a bit flat and, if I'm honest, is more infuriating than anything else.  Anyway, my poor baby PC has been having some issues and I'd like to start by updating BIOS and then reinstalling/updating all the drivers I can manage to find.  The company that sold her to me hasn't responded to my request.  So my Saint Jude prayer is that maybe HP will be able to help.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@CWaCoFY,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Here you go (select BIOS and Windows 7 64-bit) for J01 2.33 Rev.AHP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support.

NonSequitur777_0-1656481283282.png

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@CWaCoFY wrote:

Also, is there any better source for drivers than the HP Support  experience? It falls a bit flat and, if I'm honest, is more infuriating than anything else. 

@CWaCoFY Drivers should be downloaded, from hp site, link given by @NonSequitur777 
or with Hp support assistant, up to date!
It is possible that the drivers are obsolete, but it is not always useful for something, to install others, the most useful in general, will be just the video driver
Hp indicates, what you can try, but not always what is best for the computer

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03785459
Already tested several times, and more or less effective, you have the detection (pay attention to the parameters, because if badly configured, it can be practically zero)

:

Find your drivers. Analyze your PC and your blue screens.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.