Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just updated my laptop with AMD 19.11.3 and upon booting up it's just a black screen.  I can not get into safe mode (as far as I know) because my screen is broken and I am using HDMI to my TV, which doesn't show the booting screen at all. I'm using my phone to write you and it's highly frustrating when I can't use my laptop.  The serial, model etc sticker has faded and is impossible to read. Any suggestions to get through this and yes I tried safe mode but I still cannot see that screen and I really dont know why.  Please help. Quarantine sucks so much and gaming is all I have to keep me sane. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Karapanda 

What OS are you running -- Windows 10?  Asking because the latest AMD drivers for Win10 are 20.4.1 -- I know because I installed them yesterday myself.

Don't know why you would be running 19.11.3.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

It's 19 but I wasn't sure what was the current. I went by what a game I was trying to use.....probably not smart on my part. But I can't get into safe mode if the HDMI connection doesn't show the booting screen.....any ideas of what I could do?

HP Recommended

I meant 10, not 19. Sensitive phone 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.