Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
compaq SG3 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My recommended display 1020x1080 is not in the list in settings

hp display.png

I have triad to update the driver but get bad messages.

can't update.pngupdate.pngnot installed.png

The original O/S was Win 7. 

Has the graphics card died? If so, can I install a new one?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have asked the same question of Radeon and they came back that the Radeon 3000 is too old to use for Win 10. Despite me using it for about two years.

So my question now must be can I install a new graphic card on my MB or will the Radeon conflict with it?

HP Recommended

@English-Tony,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Did you install a retail copy of Windows or OEM version of Windows. 

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Let's start off by updating the drivers using Windows update: 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers from device manager:

Display drivers:

Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10

Select Device Manager.

Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, and graphics card drivers from our HP support website, using this link (If available).

If the drivers are not available on our HP support website, then I would suggest here is to download the drivers using HP Support Assistant.

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to download and install the latest display drivers from the manufacturer's website.

I would recommend you go ahead and download and install AMD detect tool  -Click here

Once you have downloaded the AMD detect tool on your PC, please go ahead and uninstall thee display drivers from Device manager.

Once done, restart the computer and then double click on the AMD detect file which you have saved and click on Run, follow the procedure to install the display drivers.

Once done, restart the computer and check how it goes.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The O/S was installed by the tech guy who got my PC running agin after a failure. Win 10 Pro

Compaq SG3 SG110 UK.

I have  searched for driver updates using Windows update. There are none.

I have searched for updates using Device manager.

I have installed HP support assistant. There are no drivers.

I have installed AMD detect. There are no drivers.

I have consulted Amd, they say that the graphics card is obsolete. it is no good for Win 10.

Therefore I can see no point in uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

Can I upgrade the Graphics card that is in my Compaq?

HP Recommended

Adding my comments because I ran into exactly the same issue on an old desktop I have that also has a Radeon 3000 graphics chip.

If you USED to get 1920x1080 and now do not, likely, Win10 UPDATED your drivers and messed up your resolution.

This thread from the Win10 forums describes approaches that worked -- what I did is described in post #39:  https://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/9511-no-1920x1080-resolution-while-using-windows-10-a-4.html

Unfortunately, since then, AMD has taken down the Legacy Drivers page I used and put up a different one.  So now, the only ATI 3000 drivers they offer are for the integrated chipset video -- but those might work on yours.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.