Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently purchased a HP ProDesk 600 G3 SFF (Windows 10 Pro) and realised I can't access either my external hard disk or even a USB drive! It detects the device, assigns a drive letter, shows the device name but denies me access to the contents. I have tried each and everyone of the USB ports and the results were the same: access denied! I have no problem accessing the same devices on my iMac or Surface 3 (Windows 10).

External Hard Disk (Seagate Backup Plus):

• Access Denied
  • Change Owner: failed
  • Tried hidden Admin account: still didn't work
  • Checked device driver: up to date
  • Tried each and every USB port: none worked
  • Tried a brand new user profile: still didn't work
  • HP1.PNG
  • HP2.PNGerror applying security.PNGHP3.PNG

USB Drive:

• You don't have permission
  • Change security in security tab
  • But there's no security tab available to make the change!
  • USB.PNG
  • USB2.PNG
  • USB3.PNG
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.