Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ArneK,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Yes, you can add a 2.5 inch SATA SSD to your PC. You would want to copy or clone the existing HDD Windows installation to the new SSD. Then you can use the HDD as a data drive or store the HDD as a operating system backup drive.

Your motherboard has (six) 6 GB SATA ports. Two are probably in use (factory HDD and an optical drive).

You would have to check the HDD cage to see if there are open slots to add a second drive.

You may need to buy a 2.5 to 3.5 inch HDD adapter to mount the SSD in the HDD cage.

You can check Amazon or Newegg for various vendors. I have used this 2.5 inch adapter (Link) with very good results in OEM PCs.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ArneK,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Yes, you can add a 2.5 inch SATA SSD to your PC. You would want to copy or clone the existing HDD Windows installation to the new SSD. Then you can use the HDD as a data drive or store the HDD as a operating system backup drive.

Your motherboard has (six) 6 GB SATA ports. Two are probably in use (factory HDD and an optical drive).

You would have to check the HDD cage to see if there are open slots to add a second drive.

You may need to buy a 2.5 to 3.5 inch HDD adapter to mount the SSD in the HDD cage.

You can check Amazon or Newegg for various vendors. I have used this 2.5 inch adapter (Link) with very good results in OEM PCs.

Regards

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation