Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite Convertible Minitower Product # SH773UC#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed a new 2TB Seagate BarraCuda hdd in my desktop.  Does anyone know the next steps I have to take to be able to use it as additional data storage?   I will keep using the original 250GB hdd as the boot drive.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I think the only 2 steps left are initializing and formatting the hdd and then it's ready to use.  Is that right or are there more steps I have to do?     Thank you    Jim Forrest -  Newbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

You would want to plug the drive into the sata port next (the light blue port on the left) to the primary HDD.

I think the port is labeled 1 on the motherboard.

Then you should be able to format the drive using the disk management tool in Windows, and you should be all set.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

You would want to plug the drive into the sata port next (the light blue port on the left) to the primary HDD.

I think the port is labeled 1 on the motherboard.

Then you should be able to format the drive using the disk management tool in Windows, and you should be all set.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul followed your instructions.  My new HDD is working perfect.   Thanks again!!!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.