Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Eliteone 1000 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

UPDATE: 6/29/20 I was informed that the motherboard was replaced 3 times and the screen 1 time by a hp technician ALL for the same issue.

So here is whats happening a employee reported that her keyboard and mouse was not working. We made sure that it wasn't a wireless keyboard issue by plugging SEVERAL different wired keyboards into the computer. So here is the exact issue were having:

After a few hours the keyboard(wireless or wired) just stops working. The mouse doesn't click BUT the pointer works fine.

The only solution that we can do is a tempt fix by restarting the computer with a hard reset we cant click on the power icons nothing happens. HP tech came by and replaced the screen and a few other parts on it. IT worked for about one week then this issue started back up again. I ran ALL software updates both on HP support, Intel, and the Microsoft side. STILL it keeps happening. I also did the setup test in the setup menu and the keyboard works fine so its not a hard ware issue from what I am seeing. I also did the uninstall/re-install driver fix and STILL after a few hours it stops working.

I feel like its possibly a power supply issue but the usb ports work fine i plugged other devices in and the computer reads them fine. ONE MORE thing.... this All in One uses AMD drivers which is odd for a HP business PC.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It still sounds like a hardware problem to me. Have you tried using the problem keyboard and mouse at another work station to see if the problem persists? If it does, the you have to replace them both.

You may also try checking with the manufacturer of them to see if they have a better driver for them. I have found better and more up to date drivers with manufacturers.

HP Recommended

I have used the keyboard on other devices and it has no issues. And as stated in the post i used several keyboards on the computer and still the same problem persists. What type of hardware issue would you think it is? I am guessing its a power issue but i could be wrong that's what i want to test. 

I double check drivers thank you for replying. 

HP Recommended

What I am talking about is that the connection at your usb ports are loose. It does not take that much movement of the wires there to get a non functioning keyboard,  mouse, or anything else plugged in.  My wife has that problem on her laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.