Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n110in (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i was trying to downgrade my bios from A.0.14 to the original factory shipped BIOS Version A0.05 as i was facing some problems with the system startup.

BIOS application sp73017.exe shows "This BIOS update is not compatible with this device",Even tried the DOS method but exe file does not run in that as well,even in the firmware management the BIOS file Version A0.05 is not vesible so not able to downgrade.

I tried to roll-back the BIOS version but that is also not working as it is serching and showing A0.05 version.

Is BIOS downgrade even possible ?

I was not able to boot in the pc but after getting new recovery drive from HP for my PC i was able to boot up the PC but in the mean time my self exploration lead me to the cmd command bootrec /rebuildbcd in which i was not able to get the windows installed partition to 1 it kept showing 0 or cd boot not found comes up.

After searching lot i thought it is bios error which is causing the statup issue.

I have tried all possible ways to rebuild bcd but that is not getting successful.

I dont want to update my bios as some new problems might arise so want to go back to my original factory shipped BIOS.

Any help and suggestions would be appriciated.

The only concern of posting this problem is to sucessfully rebuild bcd and use windows without any problems.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AGosain,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the BIOS update and see that there is security update in the BIOS version A0.13 Rev.A (The latest available for your computer) and you will not be able to downgrade the BIOS.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article for the boot issue you are facing.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03513214

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,The_Fossette thanks for reply but actually for my PC latest BIOS update is A0.16 not A0.13 and for startup issue I felt that PC is not booting as fast as it should is also showing errors when error search in beginning time at startup is stopped.

So I tried bootec/rebuildbcd which was not successful to which I figured out that it is the error of BIOS that is causing the startup problems.

At present stage I wanted to downgrade BIOS version but as it is not possible so I will try to update it to its latest version and see if problem is resolved.

Startup errors are not being rectified and resolved by windows system ,OS so it is issue of BIOS only,solving it by creating new EFI partition will not help.

I will to update BIOS and then will let you know about the result.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

@AGosain,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Please try updating the BIOS and check whether the issue is resolved.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.