Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX
Microsoft Windows Vista

When I check the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS to upgrade from Windows Vista to Window 10 I do have what it needs. However Microsoft did not place information on the BIOS VERSION/DATE for "Windows 10 Home". Windows support advise me the BIOS needs to be updated. The BIOS VERSION I am seeing is "Hewlett-Packard F32 11/20/2008". This is a long shot but is there and update for the BIOS? This is a 32-bit Vista O.S. 

Other options like Android or Linux OS?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@william31 

I have a few comments ...

First, you need to know that there is no Upgrade from Vista to Win10,  An Upgrade means that you update the OS version but are able to retain your settings, personal data, and applications.  Going from Vista to Win10 requires a Clean Install and that means you lose Everything currently on your PC.

Additionally, it's very likely that NONE of your current Vista applications will work on Win10, so you would have to not only get new Win10 versions of them, but any you paid for, will probably also require payment for a current version.

I can't find any product page for your PC on the HP site that lists drivers.  So, for information about those, you will have to wait until someone else comes along with that information.

As to Android --NO.  You would require drivers from Google for your PC and those would likely NOT be available.

As to Linux -- probably NOT.  Linux distros have the Urban Legend about being the best choice for really old PC, but that is basically not true.  Current Linux distros are designed to run on current hardware and those are the drivers that come with the distros.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.