Sheebs567
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

BIOS error

HP Recommended
Pavilion P6320f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone I am writing because I am having an issue with my HP Pavilion P6320f. When I turn on it will not boot and I receive a black screen with the BIOS error. I've read it could be the battery in the motherboard but unsure if that's the issue. Any information or helpful tips would be nice! 

1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,808 10,804 1,008 3,046
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lets start with the motherboard battery, did you replace that?  It is an inexpensive battery and easy to change.  For a PC that was produced in 2009, that is a good place to start.

Then, this BIOS update indicates it can correct "Resolves an issue with the system hanging and displaying a blank screen after a restart."

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p6300-desktop-pc-series/4079858/model/4...

Do you know what  BIOS version is installed?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation