Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi TheOldMan

What difference would it make if i give a reason for what i want to do with my PC ?

I don't have to give a reason of why i want to update my BIOS.

The fact is my BIOS version is old, HP offers an update for my PC through their website, also through the HP assistant software which detects my HP system and offers the available updates, and this update is not compatible with my PC.

Do you have a solution to this issue? probably not, in which case no need to ask me to justify why i want to update my BIOS

HP Recommended

OEM manufacturers - HP in this case - are not in the habit of issuing BIOS updates just because what is on the board is old.  There needs to be a particular need for something to be corrected or a support needs to be added for that particular PC to meet the original goals set forth.  Retail board manufacturers issue updates for those same reasons but also, many times, retail wants the customer to be able to use more current devices than what was originally support. 

OEM's do not have that goal.  Their goal is for the PC to operate as described in the original design with the components and software - in this case the OS - that came with the PC.  The HP assistant software is designed to provide updates with that in mind.  @Big_Dave suggests a possible reason for the update to not be working and we have already discussed another reason about the motherboard SSID being different from the parameters of the update.

I can see where the BIOS language might be a problem and some of the ideas on the web indicate a BIOS update ( for a retail board ) might fix that but in this instance, that is not the focus of any update available.  If the ideas put forth in this forum do not solve the issue for any performance issue for which the PC was orignally desgined to do, then you are correct, I do not have a solution for the problem.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you, this has solved the problem.

All the best 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.