Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-119
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Several days ago I had to re download the HP Assistant.  It informed me there was a bios update available, and I installed it.  Ever since,  my browsers, apps and even my MMO game are sluggish loading.  I  tried reinstalling chrome and firefox, but the issue with my game and most websites is still present, and all are sluggish to load.  I am at a loss as to how to fix this issue.  Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Roseanne

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Since the issue might have been caused by a Windows update, try the System Restore. Restore the Notebook to an earlier time before the issue started

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point prior to the issue and then select Next > Finish.

As a last resort, you might have to perform a Push Button Reset

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-probook-645-g2-notebook-pc/8430750/document/c04742289

Thank you ðŸ˜‰

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Roseanne

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I'll try my best to help

Since the issue started after a BIOS update, I suggest you attempt a BIOS Rollback

1. Turn off the computer.

2. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.

3. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

Figure : HP BIOS Update screen

Photo of HP BIOS Update screen showing a progress indicator

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04126730 for more information on BIOS Roll back

If the BIOS rollback is unsuccessful, try downloading and overriding the BIOS again. Click on this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers to download the BIOS

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day ðŸ˜Š

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying.  I tried to get to the bios screen three times but it didn't work.  I guess I'm stuck with this bios.  

HP Recommended

@Roseanne

Thanks for keeping me posted

I suggest you run a Complete Test on your computer to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Computer completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

If all the Tests pass, try a System Restore to an earlier time before you got the prompt to download the BIOS and that might help

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-probook-645-g2-notebook-pc/8430750/document/c04742289

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you and have a great weekend😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions by pressing esc while booting up, did all the tests, tried to  rollback the bios but it failed....so I'm assuming the bios is fine.  Thanks for your help.  I am placing the blame on the windows update that happened just before the bios update.  Thanks very much for your help.  

HP Recommended

@Roseanne

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Since the issue might have been caused by a Windows update, try the System Restore. Restore the Notebook to an earlier time before the issue started

Thank you ðŸ˜‰

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have reset the computer and it seems to be working better now.  Thanks.  Solution Accepted.

HP Recommended

@Roseanne

Thanks for keeping me posted

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you ðŸ˜Š

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.