Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I'm trying to get into my system's Bios. Anybody have any idea how I'd go about doing this? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Normally you turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately start pressing the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 Setup option from the list, and press the Enter key and that should get you into the BIOS.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately I don't know of any other way to do it.

HP Recommended

I did that and it brought me to HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

HP Recommended

What happens if you go right to pressing the F10 key instead?

You should have gotten a complete menu using the ESC key...diagnostics, boot options, setup (BIOS)...

HP Recommended

a friend told me I had to do this 

"Have you enabled XMP in your bios? If you go to advanced settings and memory settings you should see an option for XMP. You can enable that and it will automatically make sure your ram is running its rated speed.

It never will out of the box without that adjustment.

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no setting like that in your PC's BIOS.

See this discussion from a very PO'd forum member regarding that topic...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Seriously-HP-why-Its-a-simple-memory-up...

HP Recommended

F10 brings me to the same screen as escape so I don't know...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.