Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!

I recently purchased 20 HP ProDesk 600 G5's for my agency. I'm in the process of updating and customizing them for each department and when looking at the program files I see there's a lot of HP Specific software that I really don't want on there. I probably going to create a master image for the devices and I would like the image to be without bloatware and somewhat setup in case I have to re-image the devices. I've attached a list of the things I'm not for if I need or not. We use Symantec as our Antivirus protection so i don't believe I need the security manager, but I honestly don't even know what that is. I have all the warranty information in a DBMS we use so I don't need HP keeping track of things like that, the rest I don't really know about. Can anyone offer any suggestions to what this software does or what I will or will not need in the future? I think the FlowSetup - Conexant Systems is drivers for the audio from what I've read. The rest some people say keep it and some say no. I'm just curious of what I ACTUALLY need on the image. 

FlowSetup - Conexant Systems

HP Client Security Manager - HP Inc.

HP Connection Optimizer - HP Inc.

HP Documentation - HP Inc.

HP Hotkey Support - HP Inc.

HP Notifications - HP Inc.

HP Sure Click - HP Inc.

HP Sure Click - HP Inc.

HP Sure Sense Installed - HP Inc.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@crabtreecj 

The way that HP configures their PCs, their utilities that they want you to be able to remove can be removed like any other application -- Settings --> Control Panel --> Programs and Features.  The ones they do not want you to remove have no entries there and can't be uninstalled.  That prevents you from removing the HP utilities that HP feels you "need".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.