Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently bought a new PS5 controller and I'm trying to connect it to my PC through Bluetooth. However, as the title says, the option to turn Bluetooth on or off is not available, and trying to connect and add a new device doesn't work. I find this really strange because:

1. I've connected my Nintendo Switch Joycons through Bluetooth before, and

2. I can connect and still play my PS3 controller to my PC through Bluetooth.

But now for some reason, this option just isn't there and I don't know what's wrong. I've also tried the installing the Intel Bluetooth drivers but it doesn't seem to have fixed it (or I am not using correctly, still not sure).

Extra note: I debloated my computer using a program once to disable or uninstall unnecessary Microsoft services so that might have affected something, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll appreciate all the help, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Anyone with some help? Please?

HP Recommended

@Zerog1 

Two key considerations here :

1) PS devices -- just because an older model works does not mean the newer model also will work.  Manufacturers change internal hardware all the time between models.  You will have to contact the device vendor to get assistance on this.

2) Debloating -- we have no way of knowing what you disabled or removed -- and have no way of fixing that.

My suggestion for this second issue is to download a free utility known as Windows Repair -- which you can get from here: https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Download the Portable version and run it.  IT will provide an option to boot into Safe mode to be run -- so select that.  Once there, you will see a list of repairs, one of them being resetting the services.  You can run all the repairs or just that one.  After it is done, reboot and you should have the services back.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I know for a fact that the controller is compatible with Bluetooth because I've tested it with success on my laptop. I think its just the fact that my Bluetooth driver might have been somehow disabled. I will try the Windows repair and see if that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.