Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 32 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I tried to install the offered firmware for the camera from the hp support side for the HP ENVY All-in-One PC 32-a0000i (Windows 10 64bit), but now the camera does not get even detected anymore in the device manager.

I already try the windows recovery etc. as well I make a clean new install of windows but the device manager does not detect the camera device anymore. And there is no new or unknown device detected from the device manager. Applications as well give the error msg that the system has no camera.

do you have any suggestions?

your sincerely 

installed firmware:

2020 5M RGB/IR FHD RGBIR Firmware update

Type:

Firmware

Version:

4.0.0.12 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

May 7, 2020

File name:

sp103904.exe

(2.5 MB)

Description:

This package provides the 2020 5M RGB/IR FHD RGBIR Firmware Update for supported models running a supported operating system.

Fix and enhancements:

Fixes issue where camera auto exposure is too sensitive

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@asdf6 

To clarify, you installed a firmware update to improve the camera and ever since, the camera is no longer detected. Even when you reinstalled windows, correct?

If so, you need to do a warranty claim and have HP Support directly help you. The camera might even need to be replaced.

Here is the link, follow the prompts.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.