Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I use the camera on my computer to take pictures, the pics are put into the Camera Roll file. When I make a video, where is this kept? I can't find a file where they could be.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Duna2

Welcome to HP Support Community

The Camera Videos should also be saved in the Camera Roll File itself along with photos

May I know which Camera App are you using?

Keep me posted

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Crazy! Thank you so much for responding to my question about my videos. The app my computer is using is the default app...came with the computer. I did not add any additonal apps to this. Should be a default app that is in my HP All in One computer.

HP Recommended

@Duna2
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I am the Echo_Lake  looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

To get the answer to this question, As you've not installed any other camera app, hence default camera app remains the same.  

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not installed any apps for the camera...default...

I need to know how I can record a video

HP Recommended

No videos are being recorded, nor do I see them in the camera roll. Do you have any suggestions for an app to install that allows you to record videos and save them, where you can find them?

HP Recommended

@Duna2

Thank you for posting back. 

All the recorded videos will be stored in the Camera roll or camera App or My videos folder. 

The computer will go with preinstalled camera App, to launch the camera app click start and type Camera. 

Click here to go to the Microsoft store for Camera App.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When someone is calling my computer for a video chat, how do I record it? After it is recorded, where is it stored? I can't seem to record anything in video chat when a call comes in. What do I do? Where is the recorded video chat stored? I have not downloaded any apps., using what my hp computer came with. Please help!

HP Recommended

@Duna2

Thank you for posting back.

Testing the webcam by recording and playing a video

To verify that the webcam is operating properly, use the YouCam software to record a video by performing the following steps:

1. Click the video camera icon  on the toolbar.

2. Click record  to begin recording.

3. Let YouCam record for a few seconds, then click stop  to stop the recording.

NOTE: The stop button only shows on the toolbar after you begin a recording.
  4. To view the video clip, double-click the thumbnail image in the bottom panel.

5. To delete the video clip, right-click the thumbnail image in the bottom panel and select Delete Selected Media.

And, also I found a few YouTube Videos which might help you to understand the different method of screen recording.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.