Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Met77
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can't install Google Drive desktop app

HP Recommended

Hi, I am trying to download the google drive installation for my desktop. I can only use the online version. It downloads and runs on my pc seemingly, but nothing happens. No drive icon appears in the tray or anywhere. I have seen a message saying I am not an administrator but I have double checked this and I am. I am using Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions please?

2 REPLIES 2
Lil_Boy_Blue
Level 12
7,692 7,654 332 704
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You probably aren't an administrator. 

But you can run things as an administrator by Right Clicking on the icon and look for "Run as Administrator".

As I am the only user of this I have a normal user account and Admin Rights, but I login and run as User.  I have to elevate to Admin when required.

So.....

0 Kudos
Met77
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I'm the only user and am definitely an administrator. I had already tried the forcing it option via the method you suggest but still nothing happens.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation