Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There shouldn't be any hardware issue or setting in the BIOS that is preventing you from downloading anything.

If anything, that setting would be in Windows, and I have no idea what it would be assuming you just clean installed W10 and didn't set any security policies or anything.

HP Recommended

The reason I said it might be a security policy in there is cause I was reading somewhere that some business model PC's have specific security policy's set that disable a user from being able to tinker with anything (like a company's organization where IT is in control of it). I might try to use an M.2 SATA drive too cause I have a feeling the HDD I'm using is starting to fail (only using it temporarily cause it was right there in my reach  and I thought it would only take a second to do this. It came from a laptop that I'm sure was dropped and screwed with.. 

HP Recommended

If that is something that could have been done, you can clear the CMOS, and that would set everything back to 'normal.'

See the service manual below, chapter 11, pages 251- 252 for how to clear the CMOS.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

I have been buying off lease HP business desktop PC's for years on eBay, and never ran into any security issues, but clearing the CMOS will fix anything that may have been set in the BIOS except a power on password (which you can clear by reading the info that preceeds that section).

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping out!  I followed the manuals instructions on clearing it, and also removed the battery after doing so for a bit. I'm just gonna use an SSD I have sitting around. Have a feeling the HDD I'm using just to get everything updated for the NVMe support process was just a bad idea... Got it from a laptop from a guy who did not take care of it whatsoever.. let his kid play around with it (the child was too young to know how to use the laptop so God knows what he did with it lol)

HP Recommended

Anytime.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.