Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 24-f0054na all in one desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just got this PC. Only 18 hours old. I am transferring files from old PC to another and have noticed that One Drive seems to be transferring a lot using cloud.  I am a novice with cloud and just save everything on my hard drive.  However, my main problem is that I cannot create folders?  I can do it on my old PC, no problem but not on this one??

I want to have files, which are not cloud based on my PC. This is why I need to create folders.  

Can anyone help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eileen8575 

As your "adventure" confirms, one more reason why I avoid cloud storage like the plague.

Glad I was able to be of some assistance.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Eileen8575 

I'm not a OneCloud user, in fact, I keep far away from cloud-based storage as I have no use for it and have far more secure alternatives in place.

My guess is, however, since Win10 comes with OneCloud enabled by default, it could be that it is FORCING your PC to sync with your OneCLoud files and folders -- and therefore, will not let you create different ones.

I would disable OneCloud to see if that makes a difference.

Also, you should be able to create new folders on your drive under this folder: C:\Users\<username>\Documents  -- where <username>is your logged in name under the Users folder.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for looking at my problem.  I actually had to ring HP in the end.  It was as you suggested. and I agree, I do not like Cloud based storage, either.  I have an external hard drive. Much better. Not reliant on any glitches on the internet.  

Back to my problem. After discussions with the operative, it transpired that because I had logged into my Office 365 account, it activated "the Cloud". I was taken over. Aliens had landed.

I managed to finally create a new folder by clicking on an open space in an given area within document, then click "new" and there it was, "folder".  Once I had that, I started to download my files from my hard drive into my folders.

However, "the Cloud" was still busy populating my PC.  It took about 2 days for it all to settle down. I then checked my folders, making sure which file/folder was up to date. (The cloud was downloading out of date data!!)

It is all now resolved. Duplicate data deleted.

Phew scary time, not being in control of your own PC.

The HP operative did suggest deactivating the Cloud, but because I am such a worry guts, I just keep there, "in case". Something is better than nothing, especially photos.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

HP Recommended

@Eileen8575 

As your "adventure" confirms, one more reason why I avoid cloud storage like the plague.

Glad I was able to be of some assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.