DARBADARBZ
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Cannot update drivers or see product number HP Support Assistant

HP Recommended
HP Compaq Presario V6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I recently reset my laptop that had HP Support Assistant on it. After the reset, I download HP Support Assistant from the browser. When I signed into HP Support Assistant, my laptop what called my notebook, but with no picture of the device or product number. Searching for updates turns up nothing, but applications have said they needed driver updates. Please advise.

20190630_193036.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,770 92,648 11,995 25,573
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DARBADARBZ 

Firstly we used to call laptops but we call them as notebooks now because we simply avoid to put them on our laps, they are hot aren't they.

>>>>> but with no picture of the device or product number.

I can product number and even s/n (please don't do that, erase s/n before posting). Your machine may be a little bit old therefore HPSA won't find its picture.

>>>>> but applications have said they needed driver updates

Which applications ? Your machine is too old HP has retired support for the dv6000 model series, so there are no more support pages. that why HPSA won't find it. Sorry !

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
DARBADARBZ
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But it did before I reset it

0 Kudos
DARBADARBZ
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

20190701_143213.jpg

0 Kudos
DARBADARBZ
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I should turn to a 3rd party app to update the drivers?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation