Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6257 c-b bundle, quad- core
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Product description

Pavilion p6257 c-b bundle

The perfect PC for digital photos, videos, and music

HP w2338h 23" diagonal 16:9 Full HD

SuperMulti DVD Burner

1080p widescreen flat panel computer monitor

with LightScribe Technolegy

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Integrated

AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Quad-Core

Graphics

Processor

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

8 GB system memory

64-bit

640GB hard drive

Hey, guys I’m trying to figure out if I need to upgrade parts or if there’s a way to update my windows 7 pc, i’m not able to open the browser, but I’m able to search Google but then it goes back to no Internet even though I have Internet. I can’t update my driver or web browser and can’t update windows. When I bought it, it was restarted and I’m not even sure if it’s in windows 7 or something else 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to upgrade your PC.

I suggest installing the latest driver for the Wi-Fi adapter if that is what you are using to connect to the internet.

Original Lite-On USB Wireless LAN Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL29977/pv-74540-2/sp43176.exe 

Download the Microsoft Edge browser for W7 and that should work on your PC:

Download Microsoft Edge

The black download for W11/W10 box has a drop-down list and you can select Windows 7 from there.

If you have no network access, you can download the files on another PC, copy it to a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into your PC, copy the file to the Windows desktop and run it from there.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I was facing the same problem and struggled to find a solution. I'm really grateful for your clear explanation!
@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to upgrade your PC.

I suggest installing the latest driver for the Wi-Fi adapter if that is what you are using to connect to the internet.

Original Lite-On USB Wireless LAN Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL29977/pv-74540-2/sp43176.exe 

Download the Microsoft Edge browser for W7 and that should work on your PC:

Download Microsoft Edge 

The black download for W11/W10 box has a drop-down list and you can select Windows 7 from there.

If you have no network access, you can download the files on another PC, copy it to a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into your PC, copy the file to the Windows desktop and run it from there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.