Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 12CP
iOS

Hello everyone, my name is Samuel, I'm from Brazil, we split decimals using commas.

I have the HP 12C Platinum application for my iPhone 6s to take an online course called "Introduction to HP-12C" (Introducing the HP-12C) in my work.

To complete the course, I have to answer some questions using the HP 12C. But it's really confusing to use the decimal as a dot and see a comma used as a separator.

Could anyone help me how can I change the decimal separator to comma in the application?

I already tried changing it by pressing the dot button while pressing the MENU button, as in the physical HP 12C, but nothing happened.

Greetings.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello,

It's interesting to see people posting on the HP laptop, desktop and printer forums regarding calculators.

I also wanted to mention that as an European, I disagree with how North and South Americans note down numbers and dates.

Regardless, after an intensive Google search and several drinks, I managed to find a short video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNO4rUuPO9E

I hope you find this useful.

Cheers 🙂

In this video I will show you how you can change the comma to a decimal place on the HP12C. Hopefully some people will find this form more intuitive. I will also show you how to do the reverse.
HP Recommended
It does not work because in the app there is not a button ON only a button MENU as I have said, I already tried this "solution" and it does not worked.

I have also looked for a section exclusive for calculators but it I do not found. If you know where, please teach me.
HP Recommended

Is this PC where you have this problem with?

Go to International / Regional settings somewhere in Control Panel and change settings in date/time/number format.

That's how it look on my Windows 8.1:

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

I am very grateful krzemien but I am talking about this app, for iOS, which I have bought for my iPhone 6s. Does anyone know how to help me?

I have downloaded a free version of a parallel app called Touch RPN, and I am totally regretful of my bought, if I knew that, I would bought the Touch RPN, which in the free version is doing pretty well on my necessities.

https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/hp-12c-platinum-calculator/id328224790?mt=8

App Store2.PNGApp Store1.PNG

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Thank you for clearing things up, I was thinking you were using the actual calculator, I had no clue this app existed.

I looked on the link you posted and it does give us a link to the "support page for this app". Strangely, this brings us to the support page for the actual 12C calculator.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-12c-platinum-financial-calculator/384706/model/315565/manual...

And according to page 17 of the user manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpia5184

You should be able to change those settings. Perhaps the developers did not implement this feature for the app?

Personally, I would leave a review for the app mentioning this and in many cases, the developers will review and reply to your comment or implement the change in future versions.

Cheers

HP Recommended
Already done, but it does not resolve my problem.
😕
Thank you anyway.
HP Recommended

Tap the f key and then the actual number display. You will get “number format” and “about” at the bottom of the screen. Tap “number format” and you have three options. Select the one you like and then tap anywhere outside the selection box. Bamo... just like that.

HP Recommended

Actually you don’t even need the f key. Just tap the number display.

HP Recommended
Hi Samuel. To change the decimal to period or comma, in your Iphone go on settings, select Hp12c and will appear the option Decimal Separation (period / comma) 😉
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.